CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) MAY 2020 UPDATE
Stavanger Free Lutheran Church
First off, let’s truly be thankful to God for all His faithfulness and His sustaining us through this time of trial. While everything is not yet back to normal, we are grateful for the ability to begin to meet again.
Come Back Plan
- Our first service back will be Sunday, May 31st, at 10:00 AM.
- We ask people to sit in the pews that have hymnals in them. With the larger pews two couples could sit on either end and meet the social distancing guidelines.
- We will have the fellowship hall setup for added space.
- We will disinfect before and after each service.
- No offering will be taken during the service. There will be donation baskets will be in the back.
- There will be no greeters, ushers, or bulletins
- There will be no Sunday School.
- There will be no coffee/treats between the services.
- We ask that people stay out of the Sunday school rooms while they are at church.
- We ask that once the service is done, we ask that those on the Eastside go out the east doors and those on the Westside go out the main door.
- We ask that you leave the building and fellowship with people outside.
Precautions and Recommendations: We recognize this is a sensitive subject for many, and we aim to respect our governing authorities in obedience to God and be sensitive to the cares and health of others.
- We would like you to consider the CDC recommendations.
- If you are sick, or have recently been sick, please respect others and stay home until you are no longer contagious.
- Consider social distancing as you interact with others.
- Please respect others by limiting physical touch, handshakes, hugs, etc.
- If you feel comfortable, wear a face mask. We do not have them available, so please bring your own.
Most importantly, whether you choose to come this Sunday or sometime down the road, our main calling after loving Jesus is to love each other. Therefore, as we move forward in reopening, let us accept without judgment the opinions and actions of others. Each family is going to have their own opinions and convictions about what is best for them. Let us lovingly respect differing opinions on how to proceed in our reopening.
On behalf of the church,
Deacons and Pastor Eric